Time & Format:
- The total time allotted for poster presentation is 10 minutes.
- The poster can be presented live on zoom using a power point presentation with not more than 7 slides or single-page poster in PDF format.
- The presentation should be in landscape orientation with a screen ratio of 16:9.
Lettering & Content:
- Kindly use both UPPER- and lower-case letters for general content, as all-capital text is difficult to read. It is recommended to use 14 Times New Roman font style for the content of the poster.
- Make sure there is enough contrast between the color of the text and the poster’s background.
- Text and presentation should be in ENGLISH only.
- Make sure that the specific sections (such as the background, methods, results, and conclusions) are easy to locate in the poster.
- Try to keep the text easy to read and concise. The poster should have a clear message, a logical layout and be easy to comprehend.
- Avoid the use of full sentences and rather use short text in bullet point format
All the poster presentations should be uploaded at the presentation submission portal before Oct 14, 2021.
It is recommended that all the presenters pre-record their presentation and share it with the conference email@example.com by Oct 14. The pre-recoded presentation will be used as a backup in case of any connectivity or technical issue
The conference will be presented using the Zoom web conferencing platform. If you have never used Zoom, instructions on creating an account and basic features can be found here. To record your presentation, you must first download and install the Zoom client. For directions on recording your presentation, usezoom local recording.
Here is the recorded poster prestation from NWC Boston -2020 for reference: https://vimeo.com/618836601/2ac0113d0d
How to Participate in a Zoom Meeting?
If you have trouble logging in to Zoom or any technical issues, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 469-854-2281
Joining a Meeting
Join a meeting by clicking on a Zoom link provided by the meeting host => follow the prompts to download and run Zoom application => enter the meeting ID if prompted => click to join the audio. When you are in the meeting, click on the Start Video button to start your video.
If you already have Zoom software installed, simply open Zoom, click ‘join’ and enter the meeting code.
Mute/Unmute & Audio Settings
You can mute and unmute your microphone. The host also can mute you. We recommend using a headset and/or microphone as it will lead to better sound quality than using your computer audio. Turn off all sound notifications on your device.
You will be allowed to share your screen during your presentation. Your computer screen will become visible to all the participants once you start sharing your screen. Please close other applications on your computer so that notifications do not appear during your presentation and have ready any files you wish to share. You are recommended to share the specific PowerPoint and not your desktop.
Darker color shirts/blouses appear better on camera. Try to avoid busy plaid or patterned outfits.
We are anticipating over 150 attendees who will come from a range of professional backgrounds with a varied level of knowledge and expertise in technical and scientific aspects across the subject area. Attendees can register and join the forum at any time before and during the forum.
Q&A - Chat function
The delegate participants will drop their questions in the chat panel and the moderator/chair of the program will pick the questions.
The session will be recorded for training purpose and some for the video library. Most of the speakers have already consented to recording their presentation but please inform us otherwise.