Over the past few weeks, the United Scientific Groupand NWC Boston 2020 committee members have been monitoring worldwide developments related to coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
With many countries and regions recommending self-quarantine and many institutions strongly advising staff, faculty and students to restrict travel, as part of our efforts to prevent the spread of infection, we have taken the very difficult decision to postpone NWC Boston 2020 scheduled from April 20-22, 2020 to December 07-09, 2020.
Why it is important:
The safety and well-being of our attendees, staff and community continue to be at the forefront of our minds. After careful consideration of the evolving concerns around COVID-19, and in alignment with the best practices laid out by the CDC, WHO and other relevant entities, NWC Boston 2020have taken decision to postpone the event.
What happens to your registration?
- Your registration and accommodation (if booked with us) will be automatically transferred to the new date, so we very much hope that we will see you later in December 7-9, 2020.
- The original program of the conference will be same as much as possible.
- Thus, we encourage you to keep your registration, accommodation, and presentations, and only reschedule your travel arrangements accordingly.
If the new dates do not fit your schedule:
If for any reason you will not be able to attend the conference in these new dates, you have four options: (1) you can change the type of registration (2) you can transfer to next edition (3) you can swap with a colleague (4) you can cancel your registration.
- If you are registered for the conference in April but are no longer able to attend in December, you can change your presentation type to Virtual/Online with same benefits of in-person meeting.Additionally, you will be allowed to provide meeting access to your team members.
- Transfer to next edition –You can transfer your registration to NWC 2021 (to be held inmonth of October, Las Vegas, NV, USA) or NWC 2022 (to be held in month of April, Boston, MA, USA) without any additional fee. Additionally, we will provide the access to online meetings planned for 2020.
- Swap with a colleague – If you cannot attend, you can transfer your participation to you colleague who would like to join NWC Boston 2020 or NWC Las Vegas 2021.
- Cancel your registration – You can cancel your registration and get a full refund of the registration fee less the $150 towards payment gateway processing and cancellation charges.
Cancellation policy related to COVID-19:
If you are unable to attend NWC Boston 2020 due to the COVID-19 emergency, (e.g. lockdown enforced in your country, visa restrictions, obligation to stay on-site by your institution), you are entitled to receive a full refund of your registration fee less the $150 towards bank processing and cancellation charges. This policy applies to the following cases:
- You are in a high-risk age group (please provide us with an official document of your age)
- A lockdown or quarantine is being enforced in your city or country
- Your institution is requiring you to stay on-site (please provide us with an official statement from your department)
- Your local embassy does not deliver visas anymore (please provide us with an official statement from the embassy)
When will you receive your refund?
Currently, we are experiencing a significant financial setbackoutside our reasonable control due to unrecoverable costs such as cancellation fees levied by the venues / hotels, logistics (rents, paychecks, pre-booked costs, and advances) and loss in conference revenue.
Due to the high volume of cancellation requests, please allow us 120-150 days to process your refunds. Once your refund has been processed, you will receive an email confirmation. It can then take up to 7 business days for your refund to be reflected on your credit card statement.
Your funds will be returned via the same method you paid for your registration.
If you paid by check/bank transfer/wire, please allow up to 150 days for a refund as we manage the large numbers of refunds (charges applicable if any).
Support our Non-Profit Organization:
In this crisis, many of our registered attendees have expressed a desire to donate their registration fees to the USG-United Scientific Group in lieu of receiving a refund. We greatly appreciate such generosity and support. If you are interested in donating your registration fee,
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Note: If COVID-19 makes even those later dates impossible, the conference will switch to an online-only event.